Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Changes

The day before yesterday, I was running around outside without a jacket on. I was sitting in the sun in the car with the windows down, sweating.
Today I’m sitting by the window, feet wrapped in thick socks, trying to steal heat from electronics under the desk. I wouldn’t dream of going outside, and even if I did, the “without a jacket” part would not enter my thoughts.
There is nothing I can do but hope that the warm weather returns and melts away the first snow, and that the snow doesn’t return until a more appropriate time, like the new year. Snow is okay, and my kids like to play in it, but I can do without the cold. I’d be happier if winter was one week long. Or maybe two at the most.
It doesn’t have to be cold for long to make me appreciate spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment