Friday, August 1, 2014

Crafting Awesome

“And is there anything specific, props-wise, that you want me to get for you?” I ask every single client, after talking about what time they want the photo booth to start, how much space I need, and the extra table that’s great to have to help their guests find the props they want to use.
“Uh, no, I think just the basic stuff will be fine,” they answer, because their wedding is approaching faster than they thought it would and this is just one more decision that they never dreamed they’d have to make. “As long as you’ve got, like, silly hats and glasses, and some mustaches, I think that would be okay.”
The Princess Bride signs that Vanessa
& Andrew's guests will love
I always try to make sure my clients know that their day is special to me, and that if there is anything I can do to make it even more awesome, all they have to do is let me know. “If you or your fiance can think of anything you’d like, some kind of inside joke or reference that I can put on a sign, just give me a call or text and I’ll make sure to have it, okay?”
Then we hang up, and I know I’m not going to get a call or text. Probably the bride or groom I just talked to isn’t even going to remember to ask their spouse-to-be about it, because their main feeling of the moment is relief that they don’t have to worry about any more planning for the photo booth, since it’s taken care of.
And that’s okay. Planning a wedding is so stressful, even if you have an awesome mom, cousin, personal attendant, or hired wedding planner (or even all of the above) to take some of the weight off your own shoulders.
BEARDS for Drew & Kate's
outdoorsy-themed reception
Guests will have fun with a photo booth no matter what, props or no props (at a wedding a couple of months ago, there was nothing on the props table except a few mustaches, and the guests still had a blast). That being said, I love it when a client gets as excited about the photo booth as I do.
This weekend, I have the privilege to make two amazing weddings more awesome. The greatest part is, I know my clients are really excited about the photo booth! I’ve never had a busier prop-making week before; what a great problem to have!


No comments:

Post a Comment