Friday, July 18, 2014

Redo

Isn't it the worst when you go back and look at a pattern and find out that a significant amount of the work you did was completely wrong? Don't you hate having to unravel and re-roll the yarn, watching all of the time and effort you put into the project just ripple away? And then, worst of all, knowing that you're going to have to do it all over again?
Redoing parts of a project is not my favorite thing. But as much as I hate to admit it, sometimes it's necessary. The finished product won't look right unless I've followed the pattern.
Some projects are more forgiving than others, though. If a tiny owl is just a little bit off, it might be considered extra-cute in spite of it!

1 comment:

  1. I hate having to rip back! I've had that happen with whole sweaters. Big dramatic cowl neckline - it was impossible to tell how it would fit until I'd done the neckline, which came last. It was huge and I had to start over. But, as my husband said - yay, more knitting. You like knitting.

    ReplyDelete