Friday, August 10, 2012

From Here to There


“Oh me! Oh my!
Oh me! Oh my!
 What a lot of funny things go by.”
 -Dr Seuss, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

I drive my daughters around the city quite a bit, and I see something interesting every day.


I enjoy watching crazy people try to move furniture with small cars. The several geniuses I have seen doing this lately have been moving things like mattresses and box springs, easy chairs, and chaise lounges.


One of my hobbies is reading bumper stickers, and one amusing one that I saw yesterday said, “Home is Where the Harp is!” while another on the other end of the bumper, declared that the van was an “Official HarpMobile: you pluck ‘em, we truck ‘em!”


The funniest thing I have seen recently was while I was sitting at a red light. I saw another vehicle turning the corner, and I happened to catch sight of the driver out of the corner of my eye. Then had to explain to my two year old why I was laughing. The woman didn’t look young enough to be doing random ridiculously silly things. She didn’t look like she was amused, just looked bored, a normal “driving down the street” expression. She had long blonde hair, and in every other way looked like a normal woman, except for the huge black fake mustache she was wearing.




I giggled the rest of the way home.

“Today is gone. Today was fun.
Tomorrow is another one.
Every day,
from here to there,
funny things are everywhere.”

No comments:

Post a Comment