Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's Too Hot to Think of a Title

It’s too hot to write.


The drought the state has been experiencing has led the local government to impose water restrictions for the first time in ten years. The only impact this has on me (since we don’t water the lawn in the first place) is to make me feel guilty when I’m rinsing something in the sink or taking a shower.


To make things, worse, the weather tried to play a terrible trick on us last week. It was gorgeous and cool, and every day either looked like it would rain or did rain, at least for a few minutes. I had the windows open for three or four days, and the air conditioner off.


But all that is over now.


I was very excited for autumn. It was tolerable to sit in the living room, where there’s no air flow, because there was a lovely breeze blowing in through the window.


Today we’re supposed to get record heat.


The laptop is too hot to keep on my lap.


It’s too hot to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment