Thursday, November 1, 2012

Celebrate Small Triumphs

If you were to walk through my kitchen after a meal, you may witness something strange: me, slapping the lid on a container of leftovers and saying, “yes!”


There are times, after closing the door of the dishwasher and turning it on, that I can be seen dancing around in the kitchen.


And if you will let me, I will tell you all about every facet of the interaction between myself and a sales person as I triumphantly purchased an item for far below its original price.


I get excited about things that no one else cares about sometimes. I don’t mind. I’ll give myself a high five when I select a perfectly sized container to hold the food we didn’t eat at dinner. I'll have a private dance party when I squeeze every dirty dish into the dishwasher so that it fits and my sink is empty again. And when sharing a money-saving story with my husband, all I ask is that he respond with something like, “wow, good job, honey,” however disingenuous it sounds.


But if he wants to swing his socks around over his head like his favorite football team just scored a touchdown to win the game in overtime, hey, I’ll take that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment