Friday, November 9, 2012

Time to Crochet! A Week Off

I’ve written before about how my favorite patterns are those that work up together in one piece and that I tend to lose my motivation once the bulk of the project is finished and not want to fasten on ears, tentacles, spikes, or noses. This time, though, I didn’t even feel like starting on the extra things. I’ve got a perfectly good tiger hat just sitting there waiting to be tigered, patiently waiting for ears, at least, to make it extremely cute.


But I didn’t feel like it.


Instead, this week I was busy going to the dentist several times, being An American with Feelings Before, During, and After an Election, and trying to figure out how to use up six pounds of chicken so that it wouldn’t go bad in the refrigerator and we wouldn’t get sick of eating it four nights in a row.


Some time off from the pile of projects in my Ravelry queue was probably a good thing. It gave me some time to think about what I want to take on next (NOT A HAT), and that when I do start making something new, I’ll go ahead and make the smaller less fun things first so that when I finish the main part of the project I won’t have any reason to dither around not completely finishing it because, “oh, I haven’t made that part yet and I don’t really feel like doing it right now so...”


I’ll probably snuggle up with a skein of yarn sometime this weekend, but first I have to see about doing laundry and feeding my children some lunch and doing the dishes and then some more laundry and thinking about what I’m going to make for dinner now that we’ve eaten all of the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment