Friday, August 2, 2013

Boogaloo Bag Count: 88

The only thing that kept me going on Bag the Bag Part 2: the Electric Boogaloo this week was knowing that I’d have to write about my progress (or lack thereof).
I think it was the right decision to work exclusively on one of the handles before starting on the next one; I don’t have tons of bags “in progress” or trails of plarn laying around everywhere. I was tempted several times to stop fastening the handle to the bag and start working on the other side, but I resisted.
I can see the progress of the handles much easier than I can see the progress of fastening them down. I can look at it and say, “I need six more inches before this side is done,” but when I’m slowly crocheting up the side of one handle through six thick layers of already crocheted plarn, it takes considerably longer.
Soon I will be completely done with one handle and I’ll be able to start on the other. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be green, so that’ll be exciting.
Boogaloo Bag Count: 88 (Body 71, Handles 9+7, Attachment 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment