Monday, February 10, 2014

Fancy Footwear

I like to look at pretty shoes. I especially like to look at pretty shoes when they're inexpensive. Not that I'm going to buy them, but it makes them more attractive when I know that if I did purchase them I wouldn't be spending everything I have.
It's nice to look, but it's even nicer to have an occasion to wear pretty shoes. There's just one problem with that, though. Pretty shoes are never comfortable.
I have work shoes. Frumpy, flat, plain things that will keep my feet from whining at me while I stand for several hours. They don't make me feel pretty, but I can stand to wear them for a long time.
There's something about high heels that boost my confidence level at the same time that they are elevating my heels. If I know that I look good, then I feel good, too.
In a perfect universe, pretty shoes are comfortable shoes. In this universe, I'll just keep staring longingly at the pictures on the fancy shoe website, wondering if I could stand to wear any of the pretty ones for more than an hour.

2 comments:

  1. Try Clark's and Fluevogs - they're comfy and cute. Also "character shoes" - they're like what chorus girls wear on stage and they're more comfortable than usual. I wore a silver pair at my wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative post about fancy footwear. I love to wear wedges and high heels with skirts and short dresses. I prefer to buy footwear from local shoe store.Thanks!!
    Fashion haul

    ReplyDelete