Tuesday, February 4, 2014

ANYTHING BUT THE CAPS LOCK

I’ve got some… feelings. About a certain key on my keyboard. We don’t really think about the keys on our keyboards much, we just expect them to work and be there when we need them. And we need them a lot more often than we realize. One particular key is quite necessary to me, but Google disagrees. Their new laptop will replace it with a search button.
My only reaction to their decision to do away with the caps lock key is “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
I need caps lock. How else will I type things like “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”? I don’t care that it’s just a dinosaur left over from typewriter days. I use it ALL THE TIME. How am I supposed to shout at people on the internet without it? SOME DAYS, PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET NEED TO BE SHOUTED AT.
There are plenty of ways for me to search online. Open a new tab and type something. Open a new tab and speak to my computer. ...Okay, maybe not plenty of ways, but my options for searching work, and I use them every day, multiple times per day!
I even have a caps lock on the keyboard on my phone. IT IS NECESSARY TO ME.
So my question for you, Google, is “WHY, WHY???” Take anything but that! Take the tilde~ who uses a tilde?! Or take that line thing that nobody knows the purpose of | and move your backslash \ someplace else. Or put a shift key on only one side and move the caps lock down to that space on the other side to make room for your search key.
DON’T TAKE THE CAPS LOCK; ANYTHING BUT THE CAPS LOCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment