Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday in History: Stamp of Approval

Yesterday at the Post Office, they didn’t have any 21 cent stamps. THANKS, OBAMA.
On this day in history in history in 1792, George Washington signed a piece of legislation that officially established the United States Postal Service.
Washington’s face is on our 20 cent stamps today. I’ve been seeing a lot of them lately, that and the one cent stamps I have to use because no one in America seems to have any 21 cent stamps.
As I stare at the likeness of our first president, I wonder what he would have thought about having his face pasted everywhere. What would he have said about the 20 cent stamps?

Check out more stamps on pinterest.
“Ugh, why did they use that portrait? My hair was awful that day!”  
- George Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment