Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ode to the Keyboard

Ahh, a keyboard. You can keep your tablets and your touch screen smartphones. Voice to text doesn’t cut it for me, and even setting pencil to page isn’t as fast as my fingers on the keys. For me, it’s the closest thing from brain to screen.
I can live without a mouse, without a great speaker system, and even without a pristine, unspoiled monitor. I don’t care how many broken pixels there are: just give me a keyboard!
It’s so much easier to be inspired when I know I don’t have to wait long for my ideas to take shape in words. When the words can flow out my fingers, writing no longer seems like a chore, and I can let myself be creative at whatever pace that creativity takes.
Dear Keyboard, I love you. Don’t ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment