Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Celebration of Light...Sabers

In The Past, I have written about the awesomeness that is The Princess Bride. Today is the 25th anniversary of its release, so naturally tonight I’ll be watching it to celebrate. I was alive when the movie came out, but I was three, so it doesn’t make me feel old to know that it’s 25 (like I did when I learned The Powerpuff Girls was nearing its tenth anniversary).


Star Wars celebrated its 35th anniversary this year in May, and a fan of both (as many people are) could not resist a mashup.


I think the thing I like most about this silly video is the fact that the sound of the sabers is quite realistic (as realistic as light sabers can get, that is). One thing I take exception to is that Inigo’s is red; he wasn’t evil exactly, just on the wrong side at the time of the battle. Although I suppose Vader’s was red as well, and he also had a change of heart at the end. Finally, something that could have made this awesomer would have been to have Inigo disappear at the end of the duel when he falls to his knees, and Westley step on his clothes, to mimic the end of the famous light saber duel in A New Hope.

Happy Anniversary, The Princess Bride. May everyone go on loving you for the next 25 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment