Tuesday, January 8, 2013

There Is No Spoon

I set the bowl of mashed carrots and cereal on the table, then went back to separate the remaining carrots into meal sized portions for later. I returned to my three year old saying, “she’s not a big girl,” and my ten month old with the bowl tilted toward her, food everywhere, like a scene out of a Disney movie.



I would recommend making your own baby food. I’ve never purchased any for my children. I’ve always had a perfectly good blender and the ability to cook fresh or frozen vegetables or open a can. It’s way cheaper than buying tiny jars of stinky “food.” And the best part is I know exactly what the ingredients are without having to squint at a minuscule list: [vegetable of choice], water. And my kids like it.



They like it enough to do a mashup of Beauty and the Beast and The Matrix.


There is no spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment