Tuesday, October 1, 2013

OCTOBIRTHDAY

It’s October. And you know what that means.
OCTOBIRTHDAY

I once asked my friend Matt what his favorite month was. Without stopping to consider, he answered, “October.”
“And why is that?” I followed up sneakily, confident I knew how he would answer.
Make your own basketball for your the Octobirthday/NBA fan
in your life using the recipe for this cake on tasteofhome.com
“Basketball season starts!” he shouted excitedly.
Dumbfounded, I pointed out, “Our birthdays are in October.”
“Eh, who cares,” he answered, “Basketball!
This conversation occurred when we were 10 or 11 years old, so perhaps this showed not his enthusiasm for sports but his wisdom at such a young age, knowing that we might not always be excited about being another year older. But who knows, maybe today he’s jumping around about counting down the days until the first NBA game of the season instead of remembering that he’s turning 30 (Happy Birthday, Matt!).
October has always been a favorite month for me. Since my Grandma’s birthday is about a week before mine, we’ve always had a family birthday party, where I could be excited that it was my birthday, and the rest of my family could celebrate my Grandma’s birthday while she said it was a party for me. The birthdays of two cousins got added to the Octoparty when I was in junior high, and then when I got married in 2006, I had to head to the calendar to write down my husband’s and mother-in-law’s birthdays in October, too.
October is a GREAT month to be born in, so if your birthday is this month too, here is a birthday high five for you. Happy Octobirthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STELLA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment