Monday, March 24, 2014

Expect Delays

"You can't close all of 10th Street except for one lane," I recently told a traffic sign informing passing motorists of upcoming construction.
"LEFT THREE LANES CLOSING 3/15/14," it blinked back. "EXPECT DELAYS."
I grumbled at it and went on my way, secretly hoping that it wouldn't disturb my little commute.
Last Monday, the sign and I had words again.
"LEFT THREE LANES CLOSING 3/21/14," it told me. "EXPECT DELAYS."
"Yeah, right," I shot back, "I'll believe it when I see it!"
It turns out that you can win an argument with an inanimate object, because as I passed the sign this morning, it was sitting quietly on the side of the street while all four lanes functioned normally. Maybe they decided to postpone the work again, or cancel it entirely.
Although I suppose it was right about one thing: when it comes to doing street construction in downtown Lincoln, you can definitely expect delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment