Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fingernail Polish on a Plane

In 2006, I received a voicemail from Samuel L. Jackson.
I hadn’t gotten to my phone in time to answer it, so I put it on speakerphone, and my husband and I stood there and listened as the movie star encouraged us to go see his new movie, Snakes on a Plane. “Stop painting your fingernails over and over and over again,” he admonished me, “go and see my movie.”
I didn’t go see the movie, despite the fact that its star took time out of his busy schedule to call. (Or rather, that one of my friends didn’t want me to miss out on one of the most hilarious movie marketing campaigns ever.)
But to this day, I’m unable to paint my fingernails (or take the fingernail polish off) without thinking of that call.
That's not me on the other end of the line. Probably.
(Found this picture on theurbandaily.com.)

1 comment:

  1. I got a call like that too! It's saved as an mp3 on my computer, so it pops up on iTunes every now and then.

    I actually got a bunch of people together to see the movie. It was wonderfully awful.

    ReplyDelete