Friday, April 25, 2014

May the Fourth Bag Be With You

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have successfully finished three entire bags made of recycled grocery bags. Nothing remains for me to do but to retire into the prosperity of never having to buy a reusable grocery bag for 99 cents at the store.
And, of course, to make another one.
I wasn’t quite sure how I wanted to go when I started, nor did I have a snappy name to call it. I saw that I had a large amount of Target bags, so I decided to use them up and then plan where to go from there. 


It’s amazing how fast a project like this will go when you’re not paying much attention while working on it. I made this entire bag while playing Dragon Age 2, a fantasy RPG. The great thing about games like these is the wonderful story. Some gamers complain about long cut scenes between the action, but that’s what Dragon Age is about. So in between the swordy bits when the characters were talking, I’d crochet.
I used a P sized hook, and in less than a week, I’d used up all my white and red Target bags, plus three green and gold Cabela’s bags, just to round it off to an even 40.




Tune in next week for the exciting continuation of Bag the Bag Part 4: May the Fourth Bag Be With You (as in, with you at the grocery store)!

4th Count: 40

No comments:

Post a Comment