Friday, October 3, 2014

Words for the Blog

I answered phones at work all day today, but my boss is awesome so he didn’t object when my brother called me at about 4:30 to chat. “I haven’t written anything for my blog today,” I told my brother, “on Fridays I usually write about crocheting.” I pronounced the last word incorrectly (with a short o instead of a long one), because pronouncing things incorrectly is hilarious.
“What? What are you saying?” my brother said. “Talk to me like I’m a human.”
I assumed a more businesslike tone. “The documentation I have informs me that you are a human;” I said, “is this correct?”
“Yes,” my brother replied, pretending to sound relieved.
“Anyway,” I said, discarding the banter, “I haven’t written any words for my blog today.”
“I’ve got some words!” my brother declared, and without preamble, produced a list:
"And now, I choose to recite a list."
Kitten
Twenty
Forthwith
Heretofore
Inasmuch
Pronto
Salad
Scissors
Withering
Icy
Philandering
Bricks
When he was finished, I said, “Thanks for the words.”
“Anytime,” he replied, “that’s what I’m here for.”

No comments:

Post a Comment