Friday, July 12, 2013

Boogaloo Bag Count: 66

It's getting prettier!
Bag the Bag Part 2: the Electric Boogaloo is about to enter the last phase of its creation: the one in which I get frustrated with making the handles and ignore it for long periods of time. It’s almost tall enough to start working on the handles, so I decided to pause earlier this week and begin Bag the Bag Part 3: the Sequel to the Sequel.
Bag the Bag Part 3: the Sequel to the Sequel
Bag Count: 10
The Sequel to the Sequel is going to be made of one kind of bag only, with no exceptions, and I’m sure I have enough bags currently in my possession to accomplish it. If not, I’m sure I’ll acquire more along the way, since my husband and I have a terrible habit of completely forgetting the reusable bags at home every time we go shopping.
The great thing about making these bags is that they’re useful (as long as you remember to take them with you when you leave the house). One big problem that many crafters have is that they are full of drive to make something all the time, but then have no use for whatever it is they’ve made. Their friends and family receive endless presents of scarves, socks, and hats, sometimes to the point that they begin to ask to be given nothing at Christmas and birthdays. Not only do these bags keep me busy making something that my friends won’t fake a smile and a thank you when given, but they also use up something that people normally throw away. And it keeps me from spending money on yarn. I haven’t bought any yarn for nine months. As long as I have the materials, I may as well keep crafting. And as long as I’m crafting, I’m not buying materials to craft.
Saving money, saving the earth: bag the bag.

Boogaloo Bag Count: 66

No comments:

Post a Comment