Friday, July 26, 2013

Boogaloo Bag Count: 84

Last night I dreamed that I was working on Bag the Bag Part 2: the Electric Boogaloo. When I looked down, I had added another seven rows to the bag. Dream-me freaked out because it knew as well as awake-me that I’m supposed to be working on the handles. It looked nice, though.
I’ve finished one outside handle and have started working on the inside handle for the same side. I’m using the same size, same kind of bags for the handles this time, so I know how many it takes. Apparently, it’s 9 bags per handle..
I had to stop working this week to cut more bags, and I experienced my first major plarn snarl. You know what I mean by “snarl.” No, not a growling sound; a “snarl” in yarn crafter jargon is when the material you’re working with gets tangled and you have to work out the kinks before you can continue with your project. Yarn snarls can get fairly complicated, depending on how many different kinds of yarn there are involved or how much yarn there is.
Plarn doesn’t roll into balls or skeins easily, and the more tamed you keep it, the easier it is to work with when you’re ready for it. I keep all my plarn wound around ends of pencils. The annoying part about that is that in order to keep it there, I have to put it there, so I end up doing a lot of cutting and taping cut up bags to pencils and a lot of winding. Yesterday during this process, one rather large bag that had already been wound up slipped off the other end of a pencil I was using to wind up a newly cut bag.
Mayhem ensued. (I don’t have a picture of the mayhem because I was too annoyed to take one.) By the time I finished untangling everything and putting it back where it belonged, I wasn’t in the mood to continue taming any plarn. It was a good thing that it happened while I was taming the last bag, otherwise my kids would be rolling around in a pile of plarn today.

Boogaloo Bag Count: 84 (Body: 71; Handles: 9+4)

No comments:

Post a Comment