Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Exponentially Insane

I found this image on a math
website
, but there was nothing
there about rabbits or dust.

Do you remember learning about exponents in school? They usually start by talking about rabbits. You have two rabbits and they love each other very much and pretty soon there are more rabbits. Those rabbits love each other too and before you know it your rabbit hutch is crowded to overflowing.
Exponents are great for rabbits and investment portfolios, but not so much when you’re trying to get your house spotless for guests. Exponential growth of household tasks is not my favorite.
I guess it would be easier to ignore it; it’s not like there’s going to be an inspection. “What? You didn’t scour the top of your refrigerator?! Come on, honey, we’re leaving.”
I recognize that there are a lot of things that I want to make sure are clean, and maybe even a couple that I’ll forget about. But every time I get something done (or start to work on something, or get halfway done cleaning something), it seems like I spot something else that absolutely needs to be scrubbed, mopped, or dusted. “WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?” I scream at myself in my head. “I DO HOUSEHOLD CHORES EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY NOW?” It drives me crazy.
But you know the old saying: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
From someecards.com
If you’ll pardon me, I have to get back to going exponentially insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment