Friday, May 31, 2013

Bag Count: 87

I... think I have a problem. A package arrived at our house, and I took one look at those little air pouches that they used to cushion the contents and thought, “I could use those!”
Anyone would have done the same in my place.
So I’ve arrived at the point that it’s time to stop before I don’t recognize that I’m doing these things and start cutting apart anything plastic to crochet it into a bag.
Besides, I’ve got enough plastic bags to last me for several more of these projects. It’s not like I need to look for more. And the only reason the back porch (where I keep the bags) hasn’t overflowed with bags yet is because I’ve been turning down people who ask, “Do you want my plastic bag collection?”
 I really don't need any more bags.
I’ve hardly worked on Bag the Bag this week, because I don’t have materials for it. I’m still not going to walk into Wal Mart just to get bags to finish this thing. I’ll wait for another couple of weeks, and if nothing happens on the white and blue bag front, I’ll go ahead and finish the handles with a different kind of bag... but it won’t look as pretty that way... and that will make me sad.
This is getting difficult to take pictures of.
Meanwhile, I’m zipping along in Bag the Bag Part 2: the Electric Boogaloo. I’ve only really added 4 more bags, but the last one is taking forever. Normally, one regular sized grocery bag will add one row to the project. The bag I’ve been using, however, is now on its fourth row, and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. I was really excited to add this bag to the project, since it’s purple on one side and a dark orange/copper color on the other. But when I originally cut it up, I didn’t think about how thick it is (you need a thick bag when you’re transporting tea products, you don’t want it to accidentally break and smash up your brand new fancy cup). As a result, I ended up slicing it not once, not twice, but three times to make it thin enough to work with. So maybe next week I’ll be back to normal style bags again, but who knows how tall it will be by then.
Bonus: Bag the Bag Part 2: the Electric Boogaloo Bag Count: 38...ish. 

Bag Count: 87

No comments:

Post a Comment