Monday, October 29, 2012

In Dreams

I was writing a blog post about Spanish class. I was going to be late getting it up, but I typed along, thinking that late was better than never. I suddenly remembered that I had completely missed my last update, and even though my schedule is only self-imposed, my heart sank as the light began to filter in though the window near the ceiling. I typed faster. The realization dawned that I had already written about this subject before; how could I forget? I’d have to start on something new. My mom started calling that we needed to leave now or we’d be late for school. I opened my eyes and heard the baby crying. It took me a few minutes to realize that everything but my child making noise had been a dream.


What a terrible nightmare!


I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. I snuggled with the baby when my husband brought her to me.


As I lay there thanking the stars that my blog had been updated and that I didn’t have to rush off to school, I thought about the nights that my two year old wakes up crying, and wondered what kind of monsters she could be dreaming about. In some ways, I’m thankful that I’m not scared of monsters anymore, so that I don’t have to dream about them. But after some nightmares, I’d think I’d like to have them back.


There’s nothing scarier than a rapidly looming deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment