Monday, October 8, 2012

Time to Crochet!

Some parents go to toy stores to buy things for their children. Some shop online and get the gifts they’ve purchased delivered directly to their home. Neither of these things will work for my daughter’s birthday gift.


I’m planning a dress-up box, something with lots of interesting things for her to wear or to drape over her sister, just so that she’s got some things to combine with her imagination while she plays. I’ve already got a few things, some hand me downs from my cousins or even things I used to play with as a kid, but most of my excitement about the project comes from my plan to make a bunch of stuff for her myself.


I spent several hours yesterday perusing ravelry.com, a website for crafters of the yarn persuasion, and found tons of awesome things just by searching through the free patterns for hats. Animal hats, fruit and vegetable hats, and hats you’d expect to find in a dress up box: a fireman’s helmet, crowns of all colors, Batman’s cowl, and even a knight’s "armored” visor.


I’ve got a two month deadline, so I only expect to be able to finish making maybe two of the twenty or so great ideas I found, but I’m pretty excited to start. I’m definitely going to do the dinosaur first.


Time to crochet!

No comments:

Post a Comment