Friday, October 5, 2012

What Day is it, Again?

Have you ever completely lost track of what day it is? Like, thought it was Tuesday when it was totally Thursday?


It seems to me that I do it all the time. It doesn’t matter if I have a set schedule or none at all.


Earlier this week I asked several different people what day it was, only to have them repeat, “it’s Wednesday. I told you five minutes ago.” I would shake my head and say, “man, it really feels like Tuesday.”


It’s not a MommyBrain thing. In high school, while trying to cheer up a friend, I asked him, “How was your weekend?” It was Thursday. It was, at least, the right thing to say to make him feel better, because he laughed at me.


Last night, while discussing what we hoped to get done over the weekend, I told my husband, “I’ll make what we were going to have for dinner tomorrow for lunch instead,” thinking that it was Friday and that spaghetti would be good to have for a Saturday lunch. He gave me a sideways glance, and I didn’t realize my mistake until this morning at about two when the baby woke me up. One has lots of clarifying thoughts at two o’clock in the morning, but not very many companions to share them with, and a seven month old’s only reaction to revelations such as this is, “who cares about that, I’m hungry.”


Happy Friday, everyone. (It’s Friday. It’s definitely Friday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment