Things to remember on your Labor Day picnic:
- The position of picnic tables is not necessarily immutable.
- The best spot is not always under one of those pavilions; birds like those things too.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen.
- If you leave awesome stuff on the playground, other kids are going to play with it.
- Babies enjoy swinging on the swings, but not when they have to squint into the sun.
- Watermelon is necessary, and so are seven kajillion rolls of paper towels.
- It’s always a good idea to go on a picnic on the first cool day after several days of insufferable heat.
Enjoy your Labor Day.