Friday, September 27, 2013

Trilogy Bag Count: 20

The last time I reported on Bag the Bag Part 3: the Sequel to the Sequel, it was the beginning of July. The reason is because I decided that the easiest way to keep track of how many bags I’d used was to put them in groups of ten and leave off reporting until I was ready to start a new set. That way I wouldn’t be puzzling over whether I’d used 13 or 17 bags. Of course, now I’m confused as to whether it’s been 20 or 30.
The reason it’s taken me so long to use up ten bags is because of my theory of creative project procrastination, or procraftination, if you will. The more projects you have, the easier it is to put one off in favor of working on the other. So you get lots of things done, just… not what you were hoping to finish. Right now, I’ve got lots of creative projects (colonels and tigers and CONVENTURE, oh my!), so the urge to put them off by working on Bag the Bag Part 3: the Sequel to the Sequel is very high.
I also had a super cool idea for the handles that will hopefully (maybe; probably not) make stitching them on at the end less arduous. I have decided to start the handles early and work them in to the body of the bag. So far I have started three, and have stitched them all in. I’ll still have to attach them to each other, of course, but hopefully it won’t be such a big deal because they’ll mostly be fastened on already. If it works, I’ll do it like this every time. (Oh yes, there’s going to be an every time. I have way too many bags waiting to be used to stop now.)
Oh, you wanted to know about my progress with Bag the Bag Part 2: the Electric Boogaloo? Well… it’s… one. No, not one bag, one stitch. I’d appreciate if we could just ignore that for now. I don’t have any problem ignoring it (even though it’s sitting right next to the computer monitor every day while I write).

Trilogy Bag Count: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment