Friday, March 22, 2013

Bag Count: 17

The following is about a project I started some weeks ago. If it looks unfamiliar to you or you’ve forgotten what’s going on, reacquiant yourself.


My bag is starting to look like a bag. Not from the top, I guess.

But when you look at it from the side, you can see that it’s gaining some height.
At the end of last week, I was almost done with the base, and before I started on the sides, I asked my crochet/knitting genius sister-in-law how I should go about making sure that the sides were side-ish instead of looking like an extension of the base. My plan had been just to keep working along the outside of it until it became a bag. She said I should work around once and then only in the front loops.
There are zillions of websites out there for teaching yourself to crochet.
If you need a teacher, my sister-in-law teaches at Yarn Charm and Joann.
This created a little ridge that makes it look like I planned to do it that way all along. You can clearly see where the base ends and the sides start.
Maybe with more work, it’ll really start to look like a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment