Friday, June 28, 2013

Bag Count: THE END

This is the day you’ve all been waiting for, ladies and gentlemen. That’s right: Bag the Bag is finished!!!
For those of you who haven’t been paying attention, I have been working on this project and posting about my progress every Friday since the beginning of March. Those who have been paying attention got to watch it grow into a fully finished product from its beginnings as a bunch of chopped up plastic bags.








Ninety five bags were used to make this one reusable grocery bag: 84 white Wal-Mart bags with blue writing, 2 generic white bags with blue writing, 1 white Hy Vee bag with blue and black writing, 1 white Culver’s bag with blue designs, 1 white Finish Line bag with blue, black, light blue, and gray designs, 1 white Michael’s bag with black writing, 1 white Jo Ann bag with black writing, 1 white Bed Bath and Beyond bag with black writing, and 3 white Hobby Lobby bags with blue, yellow, and orange designs.
While I would have liked to use all one kind of bag, I was mostly happy to be able to finish the project, and to use bags from several different craft stores in the process. A couple of them were even bags that I had used to carry home yarn in for other projects. And if I hadn’t used the Hobby Lobby bags for this project, they came with helpful suggestions on how to reuse them.

For those of you who ignored my blog on Fridays in order to avoid crafty conversations, I apologize. (Wait, no I don’t.) For those of you who love it, don’t worry! Bag the Bag Part 2: the Electric Boogaloo has been neglected for several weeks and needs some attention!
But first, here’s some more shiny pictures of Bag the Bag, all finished!



Bag Count: THE END... now I just have to remember to take it along with me to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment