Friday, April 5, 2013

Bag Count: 35


This is part of an ongoing series in crafting some crazy stuff. Read on at your own peril.



When I arrived home on Monday, there were plastic bags sitting on my porch.
Wal-Mart bags.
As I carried things inside the house, I wondered who could have left them there. My sister-in-law? My brother? Soon, I had my answer, as my brother walked around the side of the house and, with a mischievous glint in his eye, declared, “April Fool’s!”
“Hooray!” I said, “more bags! I just ran out of the Wal-Mart kind!”
To which he replied, “April Fool’s!”
I still don’t get it.
He washed the bags and rinsed them out (they had been in a stinky bachelor kitchen), and I dried them by toweling them off and then flipping them all over the place to knock the extra water off. Then I cut the bottoms and tops off and put them all in a pile to cut.
Now I’ve got almost as many to work with as I did when I began! Hopefully, this amount will get me to the top of the bag.
While I’m overjoyed to have more of the same kind so that the whole thing can look the same, the drawback has been that I haven’t had much time to actually crochet, since I’ve been cleaning and sorting and cutting out new bags. I haven’t made much progress on the bag itself.
See? Same. Well... almost the same. 
Maybe I’ll have all the bags cut and tamed by this weekend so that I can really get going.
Bag Count: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment