Friday, March 29, 2013

Bag Count: 30


The following is an update on a crafting project that I began at the beginning of this month. If you’re not sure what’s going on, maybe you should travel into the past.


I hit a major snag with my bag this week: while cutting the pretty white and blue Wal-Mart bags to get them ready to add them to my project, I... ran out of bags.

At the end of the first week of work, I’d used 9 bags and hadn’t finished the base. The next week, I’d added 8 more bags, and started work on the sides. This week, my count stands at 30, and I’m getting more nods and understanding “oh!”s when I answer the many “what are you making?” questions that I get.

It’s getting a lot deeper
And a lot taller.


You can really see the difference when you compare it to where I was just last week.

I was really surprised when I counted up the Wal-Mart bags. I had been confident that I’d be able to finish the entire bag with only one kind of plarn. I never thought that I would run out. I stood around thinking for long periods of time. What should I do? Should I keep going with what I had, or should I switch to a different kind of bag and make it look like I’d meant to do that all along?
After an unnecessarily extensive deliberation with myself and members of my family, I just kept going with what I had. I decided that I didn’t want my bag to look like I was using whatever was happened to be laying around; I wanted it to look like I meant to make it white and blue and then quit shopping at Wal-Mart.
I’m not quite finished using up the bags I’ve got cut out and ready to go, so when I do run out, I’m not sure if I’ll switch to a different kind of bag entirely or if I’ll go crazy with all kinds of different colored bags. I know I at least want the handles to match one another. I’ve got some time to think about it before I get there.

Bag Count: 30

No comments:

Post a Comment